Apple Wallet is a feature for Apple Devices that allows customers to add their Balance Rewards card to their Apple Wallet app so that the card appears on the screen when you walk into a Walgreens store. Additionally, the user's Balance Rewards information is displayed including their total points, and any rewards that are available. Please note that if the customer has an iPhone 6 or higher, their card will not appear on the screen in Apple Wallet. Instead, the customer will simply need to hold their phone up to the pin pad at the register, and the pin pad will register the customer's Balance Rewards Card.
- Apple Wallet is location enabled.
- When the user gets near a Walgreens store that they have added to their Apple Wallet account the Balance Rewards card will become available on the device lock screen.
- The user just wakes their iPhone or iPod touch, and the Balance Rewards card will appear when they walk into the store.
- On the bottom right hand corner of the pass is a lower case i which flips the card over and gives the customer instructions on how to disable the pass.
- Anytime the customer's point value changes (due to earning or burning), the Apple Pass will be updated in 3-4 seconds.
- If the customer's point value has changed, but no reward was issued, the customer will receive a notification that states "Store Card Updated".
- If the cusotmer received a reward, they will receive a notifiction that states "Congratuations, you just received a reward."
- To turn off the notifications above, open Apple Wallet. Click the i on the bottom right of the card. Next to Automatic Updates, slide the indictor to the left.
- If the customer has an iPhone 6 or higher, their card will not appear on the screen in Apple Wallet. Instead, the customer will simply need to hold their phone up to the pin pad at the register and the pin pad will register the customer's Balance Rewards Card.
- If a customer is having technical issues or needs trouble shooting assistance please escalate using the Technical Issue Escalation Form
Apple Pay Videos
Apple Pay Talking Points
To add your Balance Rewards card to your Apple Wallet:
- Tap the Balance Rewards icon on the home page of the app.
- Under your rewards card, click Add to Apple Wallet .
- Choose either Add With Store or Add Without Store. If Add With Store is chosen, the store locator screen will be displayed for you to choose your desired store.
- Your Balance Rewards card will appear. Click Next at the top right of the screen.
- Your card can automatically be selected when paying at Walgreens. If you would like this to happen, click Automatically Select. If you don't want this to happen, click Do Not Automatically Select.
- Click Done.
- Your card will be added to your Apple Wallet